6th Annual IRES Graduate Workshop: June 2-3, 2017, Chapman University (Orange, CA)
Application Deadline: April 3, 2017
IRES invites applications to its 6th Annual Graduate Student Workshop. The workshop is designed primarily for advanced students in economics, sociology, and political science, but we welcome proposals from all disciplines.
The workshop provides two days of intensive instruction, interaction, and feedback for a select group of advanced graduate students. Each student must have a completed paper, and all papers will be circulated and studied in advance. Sessions will center on presentations and discussion, with professors and students
giving detailed feedback on each paper.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should include a one page summary and CV. The one page summary should include your name, university affiliation, email, graduate advisor, and a 300-500 word description of your work. Send applications to IRES@chapman.edu no later than April 3, 2017. If you already have a draft of your paper, please include it with your application.
IRES will cover the cost of economy flights, hotel, and meals.
- Chris Bader, Chapman (Sociology)
- Jean-Paul Carvalho, UC Irvine (Economics)
- Tony Gill, University of Washington (Political Science)
- Laurence Iannaccone, Chapman (Economics)
- Mike McBride, UC Irvine (Economics)
- Andrea Molle, Chapman (Political Science)
- Steven Pfaff, University of Washington (Sociology)
- Jared Rubin, Chapman (Economics)
- Carolyn Warner, Arizona State University (Political Science)